Parents, welcome to your webpage! Here you can find news, shoutouts and other important information that will help you and your children find success at McCloskey! Contact me with any suggestions or ideas.
One of our new initiatives is to include as many pictures of student life as possible on our website. In order to publish pictures with students inside the school, we need a signed permission form, which you can download and print by clicking on the link below.
If your child appears on the website, they will only be identified by first name, if at all. Before the page is posted, we will notify you by email that we are going to use it, at which point, you can ask us not to, which we will gladly comply with. No picture will ever be used on the website without permission.
Please sign and return this form as soon as possible.
Students of the Month!
Current McCloskey Monthly Calendar.
From the Principal
Dear John F. McCloskey Parents/Guardians,
I am excited to welcome you to the 2017-2018 school year! We are very eager to embark on another year of learning and growing with your child. It continues to be an honor and privilege to serve as the principal of such as an exemplary and student-centered learning community.
Fortunately, our school continues to be a team of exceptionally talented and committed staff that is anchored by a supportive School District of Philadelphia Central Office.
We are very excited about several new additions to our educational resources, and will use those resources to make the learning experience an exciting one for our students.
Please take note of the following additions to McCloskey’s K-8 educational program:
- New School-wide Literacy and Math Book/Curriculums in all K-8 Classrooms with Online Portal
- New Computer Lab with 34 New Apple Desktop Computers
- Smartboard Technology in all 3rd – 8th Grade Classrooms
- Smartboard Technology In Art History and Science Classrooms
- Three Smartboard Tables that will be used in K-2nd grade Classrooms
- Five-Day Specialty Courses (Computer Science, Gym/Health, Art History, Science)
- Two Experienced Middle Years Teachers will join McCloskey Middle Years Academy
- Experienced Full-Time Counselor will join the McCloskey Team
- New Walkie-Talkies for support staff to support student safety.
Feel free to contact me at 215-400-3380 or at email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
Mr. Del N. Jones